Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

My Personal Challenge

I wanted to put aside all the cards I "have" to do and just do a card for fun....so I tried something a little outside of my own comfortable box and tried using the color purple as my own personal challenge.  I'm not really a huge fan of the color, and noticed I really don't use it all that much on any of my cards.  Why not try something different I said to myself....and so I did :)

I love this image by Anita Be Stampin' and I think she's adorable in her purple little dress.  I envisioned her walking through the grass picking daisies..daydreaming her warm afternoon away; something I would love to do as I sit in front of my window looking at all the snow.  I used the sketch on the new Anita Be Stampin' challenge blog as my inspiration.   



Recipe:
Image:  Missy by Anita Be Stampin'
Medium:  Artist Loft Watercolor Pencils
Papers:  My Minds Eye
Cardstock:  Basic Brights -Textured Bazzil
Sentiment:  Acrylic Stamp by Studio G *reads Cherish the Little Things*
Distress Ink by Tim Holtz in Vintage Photo
Trim:  Making Memories
Lavender Stickles for barrette
Souffle pen by Sakura in White
Colorbox Sky Blue Pigment Ink

Other Challenges:
The Sisterhood of Crafters - Anything Goes Challenge




7 comments:

  1. Great papers! I love how you made a little environment behind her with the grass and sky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rocked this! Great job with your personal challenge as well. I use to loathe purple till very recently for some reason..lol You would NEVER see me using it before... but now I do a lot. Great job on coloring her and creating the scene... love your story of her from your imagination too. So fun! Thanks for joining us this week over at Anita be Stampin! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh Sara...this card is fabulous! You need to get out of your comfort zone more often! The paper you used to go with it is great and you certainly nailed it on the coloring of her! And the sentiment and little touches with the pearls and ribbon really finish it off wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute, Sara! The colors used make your card look soft and pretty. I just love it! You may just have inspired me to step outside of my own personal comfort zone. Thanks for the inspiration, and thanks for joining us at the Anita Be Stampin Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet! Thanks for playing along with the Anita Be Stampin Sketch Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I laughed when I read your post because for some reason I feel the same way about purple. I just don't like to use it. Maybe because I'm just not good at it??? Don't know but I give myself personal challenges just like you do. Makes it more fun that way!
    You did a great job on our "Anything Goes" challenge at the Sisterhood

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card. And your color combo really worked!

    ReplyDelete