Pages

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Isn't Mother's Day Over?

Perhaps, lol, but I'm still posting some cards that I didn't have time to show you all! 

Short and sweet, here is one that I made for my mother using this adorable Maggie and last week's Cupcake Craft Challenge sketch.  Unfortunately, I didn't make it into the challenge, but the sketch is definitely a go-to:




Isn't she just too cute?!  The beautiful papers are a mix of Bazzill, DCWV and the Color Crush paper collection by American Crafts which is definitely one of my new faves.  The butterfly was intended to be a yellowish color, but ended up matching her hair :(  So instead of scrapping the image altogether, I just added some sparkle with an Atyou pen on the butterfly and on the trim of her dress.  I used a Fiskars punch and added some pearls at the top.  The flowers by her feet are Prima and the blue panel behind her was embossed with a flowery Cuttlebug embossing folder.

Thanks for stopping by today and taking a peek.  Hope you have a wonderful day today!

~hugs
Sara

Challenges:
Cupcake Craft Challenges - Lots of Layers
Marvelous Magnolia - Anything Goes




5 comments:

  1. This is adorable, Sara! I love the papers and sweet image! Wonderful coloring and design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks sweet, Sara. These papers work really well with her, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card. Love the layers. Thanks for joining us at Cupcake. keeley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty card and I'm loving all the layers. Many thanks for joining in the fun at Cupcake this week :) Donna ♥ x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty card Sara. I love the colours and super floral paper. Lovely. X

    ReplyDelete