Pages

Monday, July 20, 2015

Deepest Sympthy

Hey all my crafty friends! 

The time had come again for me to make a sympathy card.  One of my dear friends has just lost a cousin to Leukemia.  He was in his twenties (way too young) and had battled bravely for years with this ugly disease.  I pray that he is resting in peace, in the arms of an angel now that his fight is over.

I struggled with how to construct this card; what would be appropriate.  I decided upon this Magnolia stamp and colored her in muted tones.


The papers are from the My Minds Eye collection called Lost and Found - Union Square.  I cut out some hearts on my Cricut Expression and created a faux banner in the corner complete with some American Crafts twine.  The shadow cuts were placed in the opposite corners.  I also used a new Spellbinders die that I received from a good friend of mine.  The cabbage roses are from the Spare Parts 3D Brown Paper Flower assortment.  The sentiment stamp in the bottom corner is from Taylored Expressions and was inked in Memento Rich Cocoa.

Thanks for stopping by today and taking a peek.  Tell those you love that you love and hug them tightly as often as possible.


Challenges:
Tilda's Town - Anything Goes
Marvelous Magnolia - Polka Dots *on dp for hearts*
Paradise of Magnolia - Anything Goes

10 comments:

  1. fab card
    thanks for playing with us at tilda's town
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello sara, this is such a fabulous mononchromatic card sweetie! Sympathy cards are always a difficult card to make, so sorry to hear about the young man, such a shame. Crafty Cuddles Jay xx (DT Marvelous Magnolia)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! I love the heart banner and the color of Tilda's dress. Just gorgeous. Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Tilda's Town! Good luck,
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beautiful card! Thank you for joining us at Marvelous Magnolia, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just gorgeous, thank you for playing along with us at TILDA'S TOWN this week & the very best of luck. Love Jane x

    ReplyDelete