Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Guylou's Sketch Challenge

I think if I had to pick a type of challenge I favor most, hands down - it has to be sketch challenges.  I color, pick out papers, embellies (the easy parts, lol)  and then I get to have someone put all the puzzle pieces together :) 

Guylou's Inimitability is hosting a sketch challenge (yay!!) and one of her DT's, Carmen, has provided an awesome sketch with lots of layers - which I love!  Here is the sketch :
 
And here is my take on the sketch using Guylous' image, Jessica:

Recipe:
Medium:  Artist Loft Watercolor Pencils
Image:  Jessica by Guylou's Inimitability
Sentiment:  TLC
Digi Papers:  Happy Go Lucky by Shabby Princess
Bo Bunny Candy Jewels in Chocolate
Distress ink by Tim Holtz in Vintage Photo

Challenges:
Guylou's Inimitability - Sketch Challenge
Fresh Brewed Blog - Challenge #38 - 3 or More Patterned Papers
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes

13 comments:

  1. Awww, this is so cute, hon! I love the kraft paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this mix of patterns! Great card. I'm also a huge fan of sketch challenges. There's so many of them out there now and I get a kick out of finding just the right one for the image I want to use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantabulous!!!! Love the beautiful pp and the colours!! You did marvelous with the sketch!!
    Cheers!
    G

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suuuuwwwweeet card Sara! The colors and patterns that you went with are fabulous! And of course I love Jessica...she such a cute image and you have colored her wonderfully! Is the color of the base of the card a sage green? It looks like it (and I adore that color), but sometimes it's hard to tell with pictures and such. Great take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card!!! I love these papers and your layout is so fun!!!

    Thanks for playing along this week at Freshly Brewed Challenges 3 or more patterned papers! Hope you will check out our month long prize challenge as well :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is beauiful... awesome papers, cute image!

    Thank you for participating in this week's Fresh Brewed Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think these colors are perfect, and I like the mat you used around the different layers. Wish I'd thought of that! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all of your DT and color combos in this one! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for popping in to my blog and leaving me such a sweet comment about my ADFD card. I really appreciate you taking the time to do that. I had a blast making that card. :-) You've done a wonderful job with the sketch from Guylou. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sara, thanks so much for popping over and for the lovely comment :)
    Your card is gorgeous, fab image and I love the papers you've used
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. P.S Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE the paper choices you used. You made Jessica even cuter than she is. Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oops.. thanks for joining us this go round over at Guylou's :)

    ReplyDelete