Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Irish Blessing

May the road rise up to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
And the rains fall soft upon your fields.
Until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of his hand.
 ~Irish Blessing

Thursday we're having a huge dinner - the usual:  corned beef, potatoes and garbage (thats what my grandfather penned cabbage, lol, and its stuck in our house ever since), Irish glazed pound cake, Irish Soda Bread, Rye Bread, and Irish Cream cheesecake --its a huge deal for us every year and I really look forward to this dinner and gathering of my family almost as much as I do Christmas.  Unfortunately, my grandmother won't be able to come this year so I thought I would make this for her to cheer her up.  I used the image from Designed 2 Delight's progressive challenge (since I had entered the last one, she emailed this one to me for free!!!) and used the sketch at Friday's Sketchers for inspiration.  If you didn't play along in last week's challenge over at D2D, no worries - you can buy Angel Caroline in Faith's store (I provided the link below).

The original Angel Caroline image holds a little daisy flower, but I found these shamrock confetti that I had from last year that I stuck on top of the flower with a glue dot and the flower is a digi embellie that I punched a hole in and used a light green brad that I had in my stash forever!  I printed out the Irish Blessing and stuck that inside as its one of my favorites! 

Recipe:
Image:  Angel Caroline - Designed 2 Delight
Medium:  Artist Loft Watercolor Pencils
Digi Papers and Flower Embellie - Glen O'the Green Digi Kit by Sharia Braxton
Cuttlebug Spots and Dots Embossing Folder
Stardust Stickles
Brad and shamrock from stash

Challenges:
The Outlawz - Tuesday Color Challenge 3/15 CC0315
Friday Sketchers - #145 Sketch
Allsorts Challenge Blog - Week 94 Luck of the Irish
Cupcake Craft Challenges - Up in the Air with optional Green

13 comments:

  1. Too cute! Thank you for joining our “Green” challenge at Meljen’s Designs.

    --Cheryl--

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww.. This is such a lovely card! I'm sure your grandmother will love it! Good luck with your wonderful dinner! Sounds fun! Thanks for joining us at The Cupcake Craft Challenge this week! Good Luck! Hugs/Sari

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super card!
    Thanks for crafting with us a D2D
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Craft this week with such a delightful card ! What a cute image ! Good luck !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card - perfect color for the season and I always love embossing! Thanks for playing at Designed 2 Delight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card! Love the image and all the green! Thanks for joining us for this week's Cupcake Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice card and just perfect for St. Patrick's Day
    well done

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute Sara, great use for Angel Caroline! I think your grandma will love this card. Thanks for joining the Delightful Inspiration challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your grandmother will adore this card and the sentiment inside -- as do I.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic card I like the layout you have used

    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry forgot to say -

    thanks for playing at Allsorts this week

    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute! I love all the green and how you made her holding a shamrock--great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sara this card is just adorable. You have really given this sweet little image some "luck o' the Irish"! That dp is to die for and that little shamrock confetti instead of her flower was an inspired idea! Your grandma must have been so excited to get this wonderful card to help make her St. Patrick's Day a happy one.

    ReplyDelete