Pages

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Book Lovin'

Aside  from coloring and crafting, reading is right up there on my list of things that I absolutely LOVE to do.  And I'm one of those readers that absolutely refuses to buy a Nook or Kindle for many reasons; one of them being that I love bookmarks as much as a good novel!

I picked up a new book yesterday called The Paris Wife and am lovin' it!!  Click here if you wanna check it out for yourself!

Unfortunately the time came yesterday when I had to stop reading (boo!), and of course, what do I do??  Tear off some paper and stick it in my place.  Totally unacceptable!  LOL, so this morning, I made myself a new bookmark!  Why buy a bookmark when you can easily make one??



The current challenge over at Magnolia-licious is to NOT use any designer/pattern paper.  So, I took a piece of shimmer cardstock from DCWV, rounded the corners, and stamped off a wood-mounted, Recollections, music-note stamp in Rich Cocoa by Memento.  I then distressed the bookmark in Vintage Photo by Tim Holtz.  I cut a doily in half and distressed that as well.  On top of the doily, I glued down a white feather and then pop dotted this little cutie on top.  To finish off the bookmark, I added a self-adhesive rhinestone swirl, and some pink silk ribbon from my stash!

Now I have something pretty to enjoy besides my new book :)

Challenges:
Magnolia-licious - No Designer Papers
Crafty Creations - Winged Things
FabnFunky - Ribbon
Flutter By Wednesday - Anything Goes *with wings*
Paper Shelter - Shabby Chic
Penny's Paper Crafty - Anything Goes
Whimsy - Vintage/Shabby Chic

8 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! Thank you for playing along with my Flutter By Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous bookmark! Great coloring, too. Thanks for joining us at Flutter By Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a pretty bookmark, I love your design, colouring and fabulous music stamp. Thank you for joining us at Magnolia-licious. Good luck!
    Hugs
    Suzi xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sara, I totally love your bookmark. Cute Tilda too and beautifully coloured. The swirl of blings and feather add the perfect touch.
    Thanks for sharing it with us at the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful bookmark. Love the image and colours and all the bling. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Creations this week. We hope to see you again soon. Meighan DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your bookmark is lovely, also a great gift to make! Thank you for joining us at THE PAPER SHELTER! Good luck and please come and play with us again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty bookmark and so much detail in a small space. Thanks for joining us at Fab n Funky this week

    Alli x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute bookmark and I love the bling. Gorgeous image too.

    Thanks for playing along at Fab'n'Funky Challenges.

    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete