Pages

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Rock that Bookmark

Afternoon peeps!!  I have another bookmark to share with you today.  My girls came home from school yesterday and saw the Maggie one I had myself, and of course, they wanted one too!  If you missed that post, click here to see it!

The current monthy challenge over at Some Odd Girl is "Ombre".  Any way you can use it on your project is a-ok!  The spark went off in my head and thankfully this time it worked out on paper how I imagined, and I'm so happy with how it turned out:

I used the Music Mae stamp set from SOG for my daughter's bookmark, which you can find in the SOG store by clicking here.  I colored her hair ombre-style with E and B/BG copics.  The music notes and sentiment came with the stamp set.  I used Memento Rich Cocoa to stamp up the background with both and then distressed the edges of the bookmark in Studio G turquoise chalk ink.  There are three Queen & Co. Twinkle Goosebumps in lime green framing her head.  To finish it off, I used a velvety trim ribbon!

Hoping my teen daughter loves this bookmark as much as I do, or I just might confiscate it ;)

Challenges:
Some Odd Girl - Ombre
Crafty Ribbons - Anything Goes with Ribbon
Cute Card Thursday - Signs of Distress
Sassy Studio Designs - Think outside the box

8 comments:

  1. That is one cute bookmark Sara, love the colours x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Sara! Gorgeous colors! And of course coloring! Thank you for joining us at DTBST this week! HUGS

    Kim
    SSD DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore what you did with the color change in her hair! Very inspired! Thanks for joining us at Some Odd Girl this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh- this is totally fab! I LOVE her hair so much :) Thanks so much for joining us at Some Odd Girl this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty tag!

    Hugs
    Kim

    Kindly check my new site DigiDarlaDesigns.com for more beautiful digi's if you have some time...

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tag. I really like the music notes in the background. And the image you chose is perfect! Thank you for playing with us at Crafty ribbons! Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Sara! The ombre hair on Music Mae...is fabulous! Love that you also carried the theme to the background...I'm sure your daughter will LOVE the bookmark...Thanks bunches for going ombre with us at Some Odd Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute Sara!
    Thanks for joining CCt this week!
    Hugs Heidy

    ReplyDelete