Pages

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

What? No Christmas?

Nope! Not today, my crafty friends.  Today, I am sharing a birthday card I made for my daughter's friend who just turned 16!!  Ahh, sweet 16!  Seems like eons ago for me!

Anyway, I took a break from the red and green; and made this card using the fabulous stamp from Wee Stamps called Summer Fairy, which you can find in the Whimsy Store by clicking here.


This beauty is colored in Copics and the edges of the image are distressed in Studio G Chalk Ink.  I added some purple Spica pen to the outline of her wings and her dress *not sure if you can see that, though!*.  I used shimmery cardstock from the DCWV Shimmer Stack and designer papers from Graphic 45 called Violet Bouquet.  I cut out the number 16 with my Cricut Expression and added a purple ribbon from my stash.  The flowers are a mix of Recollections and Bazzill Paper Flowers.  I sprayed them all with some Shimmer Spritz to add a bit of pizazz!  There are a few Recollections self-adhesive rhinestones in three corners as well.

Thanks for stopping by today and taking a peek!! Hope you have a wonderful day!

Challenges:






2 comments:

  1. I love purple, I really should colour with it more! This is a really pretty card Sara, love it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now THAT is a special birthday and very beautiful special card to celebrate. Utterly gorgeous. Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete