Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

Family Christmas Memories

From home to home, and heart to heart, from one place to another. The warmth and joy of Christmas, brings us closer to each other. - Emily Matthews

We have this program on my laptop called Print Artiist.  Awesome program with some pretty cool things on there - one of them being quality clipart.  My husband found this image and I fell in love.  I love it for the vintage Christmasy feel; making me want to listen to Bing Crosby croon White Christmas.  I love it for it reminds me of the love between family and for Christmas memories with family. 
While I was so nervous about using colored pencils, my dear friend inspired me to give it a shot.  So I am proud to say, I used pencils for the very first time!  There are diamond stickles scattered around the ground for a snowy appearance and Colorbox sky blue pigment ink for the "sky" background and for the sentiment stamp by Inkadinkado.

4 comments:

  1. Holy Crap girl...this is fantastic! You did wonderful with those pencil crayons! The color scheme is fantastic and I love the stickles for the snow! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Sara! Thanks for hopping along with us at Guylou's Inimitability. I love your card. The soft colors and vintage look are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does not look like it was the first time for using pencils! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marvelous card! Love the vintage look and feel! That image brings back wonderful memories! TFS!
    Guylou

    ReplyDelete