Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I'm New Here

Well, not to blogland or crafting -  but its' the name of the new set in Paulette's store at TLC ;)

I'm New Here is a word art set containing the most adorable sentiments you'll find, and this one that I used for my card today is no exception!

I've taken the beaten path with this one - the sentiment is really geared toward a baby image, but when I first read it, my slightly warped sense of humor showed itself.

This gorgeous vintage image was offered as a freebie at TLC and when I first got it, I remember thinking of the song, "The Lady is a Tramp", by Frank Sinatra (one of my all-time faves!!).  If you haven't stopped by TLC in awhile, then you are seriously missing out on tons of amazing free images and sentiments.

Then, after getting and reading this word art, I thought of this very image.  And then kachow.....Magic....and that's the story of how my love connection for image and word art came to be.  I colored her in Copics.  The edges of the image and sentiment were distressed and then inked in Making Memories distress ink.  The swirly paper is actually digi paper from TLC, too, called Grandma's Attic:  a gorgeous set of papers with these fabulous swirls in all different shades -  you really have to check them all out!

Thanks for stopping by today and hoping you'll come back to visit me soon :)

Challenges:
OSAAT - Flowers

 

12 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous! When I saw it on Paulette's blog I couldn't wait for you to post it so I could tell you how fabulous it is. I laughed like crazy! It's so true... Fabulous job! I love all of the purple, and your flourishes are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for adding your talent to the MMSC line up this week. Your image is so sweet and I love the floral touch. So much inspiration from your entry. Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenge.
    Priscilla
    MMSC Hostess

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it Sara! What a great sent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card, Sara! The swirl on the paper and the swirl on top is wonderful. A completely great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sara this is so pretty! I love that image and your coloring.
    Thank you for the good wishes. I have my fingers and toes crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card. love that sentiment! Very fun!
    Hugs~Bren

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous creation, love the black and purple and fabulous layout, thanks so much for joining our "flowers" challenge at One Stitch at a Time this week
    Debs R
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sara, what a beautiful card you've made with Paulette's image! I love your colors, flourishes and that gorgeous flower. Thanks so much for joining us for this week's challenge and for all your support!
    Hugs,
    Marsha
    MMSC-DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute card, thanks for playing with us this week at OSAAT for our “Flowers” Challenge.

    Good luck with the draw, we hope to see you play along with us in August for our “Pretty in Print” contest. I have some yummy candy to Celebrate too.

    xoxo Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous Card, the colouring is excellent :)Saw it over at TLC and it is very striking.

    Many thanks for joining in with our Flowers challenge over at OSAAT

    Mandy (DT member for OSAAT)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my lord girl you had me laughing out loud at your write up! Good thing I was by myself and the family is all in bed or they'd really be wondering! This card is just stunning! I am totally in love with all the shades of purple you used and those incredible swirls. And aren't we just getting so good at coloring with those copics (o.k....there's no "we" but you certainly are getting good lol). Glad I stopped by to check on you.

    ReplyDelete