Pages

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Vintage Village

I'm really diggin' vintage lately...well let me rephrase that, lol...I've always LOVED vintage and dabbled in it but never really did a lot of it.  Well TLC's new Vintage Village Backgrounds set is changing that for me -YAY!  I absolutely adore this new image of a Vintage Cathedral Window that Paulette has created!  You can find this image and the rest of the set here.  Originally, I had envisioned doing some stained glass in all different gem colors, but found this picture online which really spoke to me and used it as my inspiration:


 And here is my card:

Such a stunning image, right?!!!  The amazing word art reads, "Truth -Tests Remind Us Trust Him" (which is a gentle reminder for me!), and is from TLC as well!  The image was colored in Copics (E50, E00, E31 and E57) and then distressed along with the sentiment in Making Memories Distress Ink. 

As always, I love your visits and thank you for each and every comment that you take the time to leave me :)  

Hope the rest of your weekend is a good one!!!

Recipe:
Image & Sentiment:  TLC
Paper:  Nicole Vintage Pack & Colorbok cs
Making Memories Distress Ink
Roses won from blog candy

Challenges:
Crafty Catz - Vintage Challenge 90
ABC Challenge- Y for Yesterday (vintage)
Charisma Cardz Challenge - All about flowers
MMSC - #111




21 comments:

  1. Simply elegant Sara! Beautiful! A few more days and your package will leave on it's way to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful make! Have a wonderful weekend! xx Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sara
    A beautiful card,thankyou for joining us on this week's challenge at CraftyCatz
    Hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful card.

    I tried to be a follower, but nothing come up...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Sara... love all of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful Sara, I love your colouring, and the way you have used those fancy tags.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sara, Your card is really gorgeous and fits our theme perfectly. Thanks for sharing it with us at CraftyCatz this week.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW ... what a beautiful creation Sara! Really LOVE what you've done with these papers & image! Gorgeous!!
    Thanks so much for joining us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge! We sure hope you'll join us again next challenge!

    Darlene
    MMSC-DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just beautiful! Thank you for joining us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge! I can't wait to see your next creation.
    Valerie M
    Priscillastyles Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sara....thank you so much for the lovely comment on my blog...so glad you stopped by!
    I adore Paulette's images and wordart, and you certainly did her proud with this gorgeous creation!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, you card is an inspiration, girlie! I so love it!
    Hugz,
    Roxann

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous creation Sara! I love your inspiration and can totally see this with the stained glass windows too. ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  13. STUNNING!!! I love this gorgeous vintage card. I love that you left the windows as you did! Gorgeous and perfect paper selection! And the corner swirl just top it off beautifully! Fabulous job! Hugs~Bren

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sara, you brought that cathedral window to life, your card makes me feel like I'm right in some great historic place visiting. Hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just love vintage, and this is just beautifull.
    Love your amazing image and the earhtly colortones you have used to enhance the image.
    Thank you so much for playing this week at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge, hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs Guro
    MMSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such an elegant card love the colours!!

    Thanks for joining us for our free and easy week at Allsorts

    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow, truly amazing! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Allsorts challenge this week and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful work! I found your blog link on Outlawz. Judy Stark

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations! You have won the Midnight Madness Remarkables Award! This is such a beautiful card...
    Valerie M
    PSDT

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am so loving this gorgeous card Sara! You did such an incredible job coloring and distressing this wonderful image. You have certainly mastered the vintage look for your cards. Congratulations on winning the Midnight Madness Remarkables Award! It is so deserved.

    ReplyDelete