Pages

Saturday, July 16, 2011

A Penny!

Welcome to the weekend everyone!! 

Remember that old saying, A Penny For Your Thoughts?!  I do and have always loved it, although it's barely said anymore with my generation.  Everything is LOL, TFS and BFF, so I am pretty excited that A Penny For Your Thoughts is in a new set called, Simply Put, in Paulette's store at TLC!

I just got this new image from Some Odd Girl (yay!!!) called Tiny Tia Bow and I think she is just perfect with the sentiment. 
Isn't she just positively precious?!  And I think she looks absolutely fabulous in Salmon!!  Everything is colored in Copics and distressed in Making Memories Distress Ink.  The polka dots on her dress were dabbled in Glossy Accents (although not sure if you can tell!).  I added a brown crocheted trim that I've had since I first started card making (it's been sitting in my trim-scraps flower pot forever!!) and I can't remember who it's by (sorry!!).   The amazing crocheted flower is through blog candy I won from Dorcas....I wish I could take the credit for it, but her hands are what worked the magic.

The current challenge over at SOG is Lift Another Odd Girl, and for my card I chose the fabby creation by SOG DT Robin McKinley to lift, which you can view by clicking here!  Thank you Robin for the inspiration!! 

Today is absolutely GORJUSS here in Jersey and I hope that wherever you are you are having a bit of sunshine, too!

Recipe:
Medium:  Copics
Image:  Some Odd Girl
Sentiment:  TLC
Papers:   American Crafts cs, DCWV Adhesive MatStack Brights, K& Company Happy Trails
Glossy Accents
Crocheted flower:  Dorcas
Brads and Penny in Stash

Challenges:
SOG - Lift Another Odd Girl (Robin McKinley Oct. 2010)
Stamptacular Sunday - Sketch #119
Allsorts - Free & Easy July
Emerald Fairies - All Things Nice

19 comments:

  1. Love how you colored her hair! Told you, you were the Copic Queen! How long have you been using them and you get hair to look that good. You are doing fabulous dahhhhling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute. I love the idea of the real penny on the card to match the verse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning card, great take on the sketch.
    thanks for playing with us at stamptacular sunday this week.
    hugs
    céline SSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card, love the warm colours & the sweet image.
    Thank you so much for entering our challenge at ALLSORTS this week, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, too cute, absolutely love this fabby make. Have a scrummy Sunday. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply adorable, love the bright red color.

    Hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fab....love the crochet flower xx Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sara, she is too cute! You did a FAB job! Thanks for the kind comments on my blog. {{HUGS}}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sara. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment, so sweet! Your card is gorgeous too, what an adorable little girl, that sentiment works so well with her!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, love, love it! Fabulous design. Colored gorgeously! These SOG images are addicting, aren't they!! Hugs~bren
    Sorry, you know I will be playing against ya in this challenge! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sara, she IS adorable! Love how you colored her hair and I love crocheted flowers! Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute card! I love all of the texture! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. so adorable!! love what you did with her hair!

    thanks for playing with us at some odd girl

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so cute! You did a fabulous job lifting from Robin. I love the the eyes have just a little bit of coloring. All of your coloring is wonderful. I love that sentiment, too. Although, now a days it's more like "a dollar for your thoughts". Inflation, don't 'cha know. =D

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm back from my trip! Thank you so much for still visiting my blog while I was gone. You're so sweet! And who would've thunk about putting a penny on a card?! Now that's genius!

    And yay! 80s music! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love how you colored the bow in her hair. What a sweet card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awww girl...this is simply too cute! I love that image and the fab way you colored her. And I can't believe that you added the penny to go with the sentiment! What a totally unique idea. And that wonderful croched flower and the croched trim work so wonderfully with that great paper you used. And just a note...you probably don't want to know my thoughts ;) lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love how you ran with the inspiration but made it your own! Its lovely! Thanks for being Odd!

    ReplyDelete