“Friends are angels who lift our feet when our own wings have trouble remembering how to fly.”
You know those days ....the days where nothing seems to go right, and you're ready to pull your hair out but you can't? Well thats the day I had yesterday. I won't go into details and bore you with the particulars, but lets just say I needed a happy moment. And the good Lord must have known that because I got an email from Theresa, a friend of mine that I met over at the CDAC, telling me she had something for me over at her blog Crafts/Friends/Angels. Well, you can imagine - I lit up like a Christmas tree at the thought of a surprise for no reason at all!! I was amazed to see she thought me worthy of this award and can't thank her enough for lifting my spirits. But wait, it gets better. This morning I get a super lovely comment on my recent vintage card (you can see the image below) from my friend Gina that I met at Guylou's Inimitability group on the CDAC and she had awarded me this on her blog, Gina Speak. I also wanted to thank my friend Trina, who gave it to me as well! I am blessed and grateful to know these women along with Tracy S. who started and continually improves my blog as a huge favor. Without her, I wouldn't have a such a stylish blog!!!
One of the requirements of this award is not only to thank the woman, or in my case, the women, who sent you the award, but to tell your followers 8 things about yourself and then pay it forward, or send it, to 8 other women who you think deserves the award. What a fun way to learn more about each other and make someone smile at the same time.
So here are my 8:
1. My favorite movie is the Wizard of Oz. It brings back memories of when my grandparents were still alive, and all the magic they brought to my life. After all, I first watched it in their home. I love the characters in the movie, the songs, the messages....the movie never grows old for me, never. And the best part is, I've infected all three girls with a love for the movie as well which makes it better for me when I suggest we all watch it together and they jump in the air and scream " yessssss"!
2. I love mexican food - the spicier the better. I think I could live off nachos if given the chance.
3. I love the smell of a new book. I'll actually open it right to the middle and take a whiff of the print. Something does it for me, I can't explain it. My grandfather used to take me to Barnes and Noble when I was younger and actually let me do it in the store. He may of thought I was nuts for doing it, but he let me and I loved him for it.
4. I'm a born and bred Jersey girl, but in a fantasy world, I would live in Boston. I've been there several times, totally love it there, and can totally imagine living in a brownstone in one of the suburbs.
5. I got my FCC license in high school, become a jock on the high school radio station, then on the station in college, and dreamed of making it big as one some day. Obviously, that didn't happen, lol.
6. My girls are my life and they've changed my life forever. I can't wait until the day that I will not only be their mother, but become their friend.
7. My first ride on the back of a motorcycle was with my hubby. I actually used to sing the song "Cool Rider" from Grease 2 to him.
8. I have loved meeting all these wonderfully creative, talented and wonderful women on the CDAC groups and I treasure each and every friendship.
Ok, so now to the good part. Here is 8 women that I think totally deserve this award (and in no particular order!!):