Pages

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Guylou's Christmas Card Challenge

Sweet Joy
So I won my very first challenge over at Guylou's Inimitability a couple weeks back.  It was Guylou's Give Thanks Challenge and I had a lot of fun creating my card for that.  I was totally thrilled with the win, because then I could pick ANY digi I wanted to play with!!  Well lemme tell you, it's a lot harder than you would think having to choose just one!!!  Luckily for me, Guylou just released her new Christmas images.  It took me forever to decide, but with the help and input from my darling hubby, I went with Louise and Candycane.

We endured a crafting crisis when I spilled distress ink all over the original patterned paper.  There was just no salvaging it...but I think my Plan B worked just as well.  Colorbox pigment inks were used for distressing and the sentiment stamp by Recollections.  I used Crystal stickles for her hat, cuffs and pom-poms.  If you haven't already, go visit Guylou's digi stamp store http://guylousinimitabilitystore.blogspot.com/ for all her latest Christmas digi images - I'm sure you won't be disappointed!

8 comments:

  1. What a surprise this morning to find out there was already an entry in the new challenge. It worked out perfectly. Your card is gorgeous!! Love all the details! Sorry to read about the crafting crisis. I am happy it was all ok in the end!
    Thanks for participating in the Christmas Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute. I love it!! Never know there was an accident

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, Sara! I love her little pink jacket. I think these papers turned out really well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the challenge first of all! AND second love this card. Wonderful coloring and the papers turned out wonderful! Opps used wonderful twice. Yup I'm a repeater!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! You're in the challenge! Louise looks adorable on your card. I really like the Stickled pieces and the tag... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Sara...plan B worked out wonderfully :D You're coloring looks wonderful and I love the bg pp and your snowflake (is it a cricut?). And the sentiment is really appropriate...bet you were full of joy when it was done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is too cute! Love the design, the paper choice, the way you colored Louise and that snowflake rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great card. I love the design you used. I have to say I really love your choice in digi's as I just love Louise with Candy Cane!!! Good luck and thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete