Pages

Friday, December 10, 2010

DT Call for StampFairy

I was super excited to find StampFairy when they joined the CDAC website.  They have adorable, whimsical digi images that definately tug on your heartstrings.   So naturally when I heard they were having a DT Call, I jumped at the opportunity!    I am most humbled and greatful to be applying for the call along with some very talented and creative women, and I wish each and every one of them the best of luck. 

One of the requirements of the call is to provide a new card using a StampFairy image, along with two other projects.  To start at the beginning, here is my new card for the DT Call using the freebie "Lily Winter":
Isn't she just darling sitting waiting for Santa?  Here I used my Cranberry Colorbox Pigment Ink on the Inkadinkdo sentiment stamp, along with K&Company snowflakes, DCWV The Christmas Stack paper pad and Gold Stickles around the scalloped circles.

My other two choices are cards from previous challenges I have entered.  The first card was entered at Guylou's Inimitability's Give Thanks Challenge using the Louise with Pumpkin image.  The card has special meaning to me because I won my first challenge with it and I was rather proud of how it came out.



My second card and last choice for the DT Call is a card I entered for the Bugaboo Stamps Catch the Bug
Anything Goes blog challenge.  I had seen an ad for Marvy snow markers that had snowy paper tearing - and from that ad, inspiration gave birth to this card

I used a mix of markers (mostly for Eggbert's hat, scarf, and shoes) as well as pencils for the snowballs and snowflakes.  Crystal stickles were used on the snow, silver stickles below his feet and on the small snowflakes around Eggbert and diamond stickles on the paper tearing to give a snowy, glittery appearance.  I also distressed the image with Colorbox Cranberry Ink Pad.


7 comments:

  1. Good luck, Sara. They would do well to have you on their team!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great! Good luck on the DT call! I love your use of color, and that you didn't color everything. (so pretty). (((rubbah hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are FABULOUS Sara, Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope they pick you girl.. They are nuts if they don't! I think you are super talented and they would be blessed to have you for sure. You would make their images look good.

    Love the cards! They are all so sweet. I love the circle design on the first one and the sentiment you used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness...I can't believe that there's a card of yours that I havent' seen yet! Love your new little Stamp Fairy girl! The plaid bg pp and the scallop circles behind your image and sentiment really help to showcase that wonderful little image.

    ReplyDelete