Pages

Monday, December 6, 2010

Tidings of Comfort and Joy

I had just finished two cards and was stumped on which image to use next.  Nothing was sparking my interest, so I turned to my trusty little Print Artist program and picked out this phenomenal clipart image.  One look, and I was hooked on her.  I am loving vintage images lately but have always been intimidated by them since I don't have much of a vintage stash.  But when I saw her, I knew this image was the beginning of my next card and figured, well gee, I guess I'll just go with it and figure it out.  I knew how I wanted to color her right away but needed the help of Mojo Monday's current sketch challenge, MoJo Monday #168, to which I am entering this card.


Isn't she just gorgeous?! And those curls?!  To die for!  The photo really doesn't do the image justice!  I used pencils to color this sweetie and her puppie, an Inkadinkdo stamp slathered in Colorbox Sky Blue ink for the sentiment; with pearls inked to match.  The trim is Making Memories Noteworthy Addie and everything is distressed and curled for a more vintage feel. 

6 comments:

  1. wow...great card Sara...love the image...too cute and you did a fab job coloring it...the sentiment looks great in that color and all the distressing really gives it that vintage look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a gorgeous vintage xmas card

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful vintage image. You coordinated your other papers with it very well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet vintage card. Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's so pretty! I love what you did with her. I love vintage, too. You definitely deserve an award for using your stash so creatively. Go to my blog and get it!
    http://ginasgorillaspeak.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card!! I love that image! I know Gina gave you the award...but you get one from me too. =)

    http://starscardchallenges.blogspot.com/2010/12/what-good-way-to-start-morning.html

    ReplyDelete