Pages

Friday, December 3, 2010

There's Snow Friend Like You

My mother in law was gracious enough to give me the day off from my set of four year old twins.  God bless the woman, hehehe.  Should I rest, I asked myself??  Nahhhhhh!  Time to get a'crafting!  And so I did.  I had already colored this Bugaboo image awhile back when I first nabbed it...all I had to do was finish the design, pick the papers and make it work. 

Like I mentioned earlier, the image and sentiment are both from Bugaboo stamps.  I used a mix of markers (mostly for Eggbert's hat, scarf, and shoes) as well as penciles for the snowballs and snowflakes.  Crystal stickles were used on the snow, silv below his feet, silver stickles on the small snowflakes around Eggbert and diamond stickles on the paper tearing (which I'm not so sure you can see) to give a snowy, glittery appearance.  I also distressed the image with Colorbox Cranberry Ink Pad. 

So here he is - all ready to play with his friend in the snow.  Watch out!  You might get hit with a snowball!

14 comments:

  1. Sara, I love it! Great card...your work is always fantastic!

    {{Hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo cute!!!! I want a snow ball fight. Wait...that means snow. Forget that, I don't want a snow ball fight. I just want to look at your card!!!! Hugs and love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Sara...I'm with Chris...he makes you wanna get outside and have a snowball fight. Love the colors you went with and how you colored the snowballs blue...makes them look nice and cold...and love the coloring job on the sentiment! And that little pink snowflake adds the perfect touch to the card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute cute cute, thanks for playing with Bugaboo! Joy DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sara--your Eggbert card is so cute! Love the Christmasy colors on this card. Thanks for playing along in the Bugaboo challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is sooo darlin! I really love the sentiment with it as well.. super cute image too

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwwww this is sooooo cute Thanks for joining us this week at Catch the Bug Challenge Blog for our December Anything Goes Challenge!! We Hope to see you again for our next challenge! Thanks Again, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable Sara, thanks for playing along with us at Catch The Bug!

    ReplyDelete
  10. God Bless MIL's and time off from Twins to Craft!! This is just Terrific Sara!! So glad to have you join us for this weeksBugaboo Stamps Catch The Bug "Anything Goes" Challenge!
    Hugs & Happy Days!
    ~Min

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is SO sweet. I love this image and you've colored him wonderfully and made a great card out of him! I love it! Thanks for joining us at the Catch the Bug Challenge this week. I hope you'll join us again!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete