Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Beach Goddess

Hi friends!!!  My oldest had her last day of school today which officially marks the summer season for us here at our house.  Hooray!!  No more making lunches, homework, projects and early mornings scrambling for outfits!  To celebrate, I felt I needed to make a card for her - it's been kind of a rough year for her with the move, but she did exceedingly well with all the changes and managed to come home with straight A's!!  I really couldn't have asked for a better daughter and I'm so proud of her!!

I had gotten this image from a sweet friend of mine awhile back and hadn't done anything with it - thought it would be perfect.  Jimmy Buffett and Jimi Hendrix lent some inspiration as I was coloring it and it took me back to a place with tall umbrella drinks and warm sand between my toes - lazy days at the beach with nothing to do but work on my tan. 


Looking at it now, I'm not sure that I will actually give this one to her (I'm a little old fashioned and still believe in pigtails, lol).  I'm thinking I might just keep it to say hi to a friend instead. ;)

Recipe:
Medium:  Watercolor Pencils
Image:  Beachy Bratz (coloring page found on the net)
Sentiment:  TLC
Papers:  Bazzill Textured Bright cs and Close to My Heart Moon Doggie Paper Pack
Bo Bunny Candy Jewels
Glossy Accents (on mouth)
White Souffle Pen (eyes and jewelry)

Challenges:
Tip Top Tuesday - Open Challenge
Delightful Challenges - Anything Goes
Paper Sundaes - Girly Girl

11 comments:

  1. Girl, you are a card goddess! =D I'm sure whoever receives it is going to love it...it's fantastic! Just adore that pretty DP, and you colored her awesomely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH I love i! It is so cute and sweet. What a wonderful card for either your daughter or a good friend! HUGS to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute! what a COOL Momma you are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol...this card is totally fab girl! Gotta love the write up you did on it. All those funky colors and different prints on your dp go so incredibly well with this adorable image. And your coloring of it...awesome! Man, just looking at those little shorts and wedge high heeled shoes bring back some awesome memories for me too! Thanks for sharing this card and the memories with us :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute!! what a great design! cute, cute, image!!
    Hugs~Bren

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's very cute! My daughter too, did amazingly well this school year! She managed to keep her straight A status as well as Perfect Attendance through the entire school year and we moved too and she still kept it up! She transitioned to her new school, new teacher and new classmates very well and I am very proud of her! Even my boys did well with the move. My kindergartener went from full day, getting breakfast, lunch and recess, to part day morning kindergarten with nothing more than a snack wile at school and he adjusted well. I have to say kids are very resilliant (sp?) with big issues like a move in the middle of the school year. Our move was actually close to the end, but the kids still do good! Thank God for summer now though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very cute! Love the papers!!! Thanks for playing along this week at Tip Top Tuesday with our 'anything' challenge! Good Luck, hope to see you again next week x

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a great job on this - I love the colors and papers~! So glad you shared at Top Tip Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for taking part in an OPEN CHALLENGE at Top Tip Tuesday!

    Your creation is stunning!:)

    So happy you've joined us!

    Maggie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic card, and a super image. Love it.:))
    Thanks for joining DC.

    Hugs, Rosalien

    ReplyDelete