Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Sailing

"Just a dream and the wind to carry me, and soon I will be free"
Christopher Cross, Sailing

Unfortunately I was unable to see my Dad on Father's Day this year.  He's been battling sinus infection after sinus infection for weeks now, and was just way to sick to come to our house or have any company.  It's been kind of a rough year on him all the way around- he was in and out of the hospital, and lost his one leg to complications from Diabetes.  There is one thing about my Dad though - he never gives up.  One might say he's a little too stubborn for his own good ;)  Now with his prosthesis, he can actually walk faster than I can ;) 

The color challenge over at the CDAC  is being hosted by Tiffany Doodles and is offering the cutest little sailboat for your creations for free if you play along.  The color palette for this challenge chosen by Tiffany is: 


I just love these gorgeous shades of blue, don't you??  I had a sentiment already in my arsenault from TLC to match my Father's tenacity and this adorable sailboat image (which Dad would love to have someday).  I merged the word art from TLC with one of Meljen's Designs freebies, Little Stitched Cloud, printed out two copies and popped up the top cloud for dimension, although I'm not so sure you can see it in the picture.


No matter what the wind blows, my Dad always adjusts and keeps going; and I truly admire him for that.

Recipe:
Medium:  Copic Markers (B99, B95, E50, E31 and E57)
Main Image:  Tiffany Doodles
Add'l Image:  Little Stitched Cloud by Meljen's Designs
Sentiment:  TLC
Paper:  Bazzill Textured Brights cs and Making Memories Fresh Anthology Collection - Eliza
Colorbox Pigment Ink in Sky Blue

Challenges:
Stamptacular Sunday - Fun in the Sun
Pollycraft Challenges -Travel/Holiday
Craft Us Crazy - RW&B and/or Summer
Delightful Challenges - Fun in the Sun
FabnFunky - Summer Loving
The Sisterhood of Crafters - More Lovin' for the Men
Meljen's Designs-Stripes and/or Plaid

22 comments:

  1. Sara, this is a really great card. The thing I like about following blogs is watching the growth of paper artists. Your cards just get better and better. (I hope the same can be said of me!!)(totally not fishing for compliments!) :)
    I love, love the clouds with the sentiment on them. I love your coloring of the image, and I absolutely love the design of this card. And let's not forget your blogging, love your words, girl!!!!
    Hugs~Bren

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just so adorable! That boat is so cute, and your coloring is AWESOME!! I really like the layered clouds, too. Just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara, this card is great. I love the sentiment in the cloud, the scallops, and that photo corner with the cute little button. Wonderful. Your dad sounds like an admirable guy. I hope he feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sara
    A fabulous card love the colour's and image,thankyou for joining us at Delightful Challenges this week,
    Hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful card. loooove it

    have a happy scrappy weekend

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous fathers day card Sara, I love your layout and the different shades of blue, very calming! Thanks for joining in with our "Summer Loving" challenge at Fab n Funky this week, good luck. Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it Sara! Sorry to hear about your dad's leg as well as all the sinus stuff! Hope he gets better soon! As always your card is wonderfully perfect! HUGS~LUG

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sara this is fantastic, you did awesome with the blues, great image...sooo want to go sailing :) Happy Friday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card. Love the clean design and your coloring/shading is awesome! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood of Crafters for our manly anniversary/birthday challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that boat! Your Dad sounds like a fighter!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful card! I hope your dad feels better soon. Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft this week, Sheena xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh for a delightful card! Liked very much your clouds!

    Thanks for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge!

    Hugs Tine :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful sailboat card. Thanks for playing along with us at Digital Delights Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very sweet card! Love how you've put the sentiment in the clouds!
    Thanks so much for playing along at Meljen's Designs this week!
    Hugs!! Dee Sprytebyrd's Sentiments

    ReplyDelete
  15. A really nice card. Wonderful coloured motiv and a beautiful sentiment.

    Thanks for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday :)
    Hugs, Nina

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Sweets. Well, your Dad sounds like a tough old cookie and I bet he loves this card. I do. The sentiment is so thought provoking, perfecto with the image and I am loving the shades of blue and gingham. All in all, I'd say this is one lovely card.
    I've been at Cupcake for coming up to a year now, and it has been such fun. Coming across you, has been one of the fun things. :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Sara. You have a terrific blog. I love the border at the top of your page. I found you through the Outlawz Looking For Followers group and have become a follower of your blog. I am a beginner blogger, but I hope you will take a look and consider following me. My blog address is http://www.tickellexpressions.blogspot.com
    Blessings,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card. Love the image and the layout is perfect. Thanks for playing in the Meljen's Designs challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow...what can I possibly say that has not already been said by everyone else? You know how much I love to come and see your fabulous creations...as Brenda said...it has been such a wonderful thing to watch you grow so wonderfully in your craft. This card is no exception. The thought and love that went into it is seen in every little detail that you added to it and I'm sure that your dad was just blown over by it. WTG girl for continuing to surprise and delight me and all who follow your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This card is so adorable! I love all the blues you used! Thanks so much for joining us at Meljen's Designs this week!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great coloring! Love your card! Thanks for playing with us @ Craft Us Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Really cute card! Thanks for joining us at Craft us Crazy!!

    ReplyDelete