Pages

Friday, June 3, 2011

Monochromatic Challenge at Guylou's!

Happy Friday my friends!!!  It's time for a brandy-new challenge over at Guylou's Inimitability and this week's theme was chosen by the fabulous Guylou herself!  So what theme did Guylou choose for us this time around, you ask?  It's a toughie but a goodie :

MONOCHROMATIC!!!!

My MIL just adopted two kittens that are from the same litter (they are the sweetest little things you've ever seen!).  I wanted to make her a card to Congratulate her on the newest additions to her little family, which she calls her set of twins.  I was talking to her on the phone the morning after their first night home, and she was telling me how she loved hearing the pitter patter of their little feet - her late cat, Midnight, had passed recently and it was super quiet in the house.  Gina and her Furbabies seemed like the most perfect image to use and together with this sentiment from TLC - was even more purrrfect :)  Since I had just recently made her a purple Mother's Day card (that being her most favorite color), I decided on this card, I would go with green as it's her birthstone color and she adores Emeralds. 
 
So there's my go at Monochromatic!  The challenge runs from today until June 16th at 10 p.m.  Hopefully this has inspired you to get all Mono with your creation and play along with us because the lucky winner of this challenge will be awarded two digistamps of their choice from Guylou's Inimitability Store and will also be invited to be a Guest Designer on an upcoming challenge.  Wait - it gets better !  There's more!!  The lucky winner will also be awarded a one year PDF subscription from Through The Craftroom Door magazine - a value of $17.  Sounds like a challenge worth playing to me!!

Recipe:
Image:  Gina & her Furbabies
Sentiment:  Crafty Pad Stamp Designs
Papers:  DCWV The Shimmer Stack and MME
Lime Green Stickles on stars
Pure Color Essentials Wired Sheer Ribbon
Martha Stewart Crafts Craft Seam Binding
Cameo Rose in Aqua by Prima Flowers

Challenges:
The Outlawz - Monday Greetings Challenge 5/30 GC053011
Stamp Something - June Digi Day Challenge


Based on deconstructed sketch #3 by deconstructing jen  (challenge ended 6/1)

11 comments:

  1. Awesome card Miss Sara! It's just lovely, and I KNOW your MiL is going to LOVE it! =) Your coloring is fabulous, and I love that little flower!

    xx Star

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so silly; I get all thrilled when I see anyone use this image. I think it's perfect to congratulate your mom on her new set of twin furbabies. How do you do those sentiments in the circle like that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's beautiful and the twins are adorable, my colors too. Love it! Hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sara, this is fabulous!!! Love this image! And I love that you used greens. Not the easy choice of browns that I made!!! Super design on this card! Just love it!!
    hugs, Bren

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sara... Your card is gorgeous! I was wondering who was having twins!! Now I know. Your MIL will love this card and I agree that this image is perfect for the occasion!! Fab work!
    Cheers!
    G

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful card Sara. And such an adorable image! Thank you for the awesome comments on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok! This is my third attempt to leave a comment!! Hope it works this time! What a sweet card to make for your MIL and she is going to love it! You did an awesome job with the monochromatic colors! Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sara Beautiful card! I found your blog on The Outlawz follow me forum! Love it and now I am a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did a wonderful job on the monochromatic card colors. I love the image. So sweet of you to make your MIL a card for her new additions.
    Thanks for the sweet comment on my SSDS project. I wish I loved Scrabble. If you haven't notice I am a bit dyslexic and spelling is work for me. Oh I hope you haven't noticed too much. It makes some people nuts when they see mistakes. I can't wait to see what you make your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a perfect digi for the occasion! So stinkin cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww, how sweet! Your MIL will love it. You did a great job at monochrome.



    --Cheryl--

    ReplyDelete