Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

Easy Peasy-NOT!

My girls and I were having a lazy day today.  I was trying to make a quick thank you card with my 3 girls, crayons, markers, colored pencils, coloring books and sleeping bags on my floor.  Needless to say, it did not make it easy for me to focus on what I was doing as one is calling out for Chartreuse, etc., but I sure did have a lot of fun with them singing show tunes and coloring.  It's moments like these I live for.

So with my Mojo running on the songs of The Sound of Music soundtrack and Crayola, this is what I came up with for the Wacky Wednesday Challenge at Bugaboo's Stamp's group on the CDAC this week which is to NOT use designer papers and add 3 Buttons.  I based the color combo on this week's color challenge over at The Outlawz which is Red, Blue and Green.  I tried faux stitching with a souffle pen for the first time, so be easy on me ;) 



Recipe:
Medium:  Copic Markers
Image:  Bugaboo Stamps
Sentiment:  TLC
Souffle Pen in White
Ribbon and buttons in stash

Challenges:
The Outlawz - 6/21 Color Challenge (Red, Green & Blue)
Bugaboo Stamps - Wacky Wednesday Challenge #7

12 comments:

  1. Love that bear's face, too sweet for words he's really thinking hard and you've captured his sweetness. Beautiful! Hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Sara! What a great card. I love the fauz stitching, it looks great. Love that bear!
    hugs~Bren

    ReplyDelete
  3. So stinkin cute! I was debating whether or not I should do this color challenge... I'm not a fan of primary colors mixing! LOL! But your card looks great with this colors, very school-like! I think I'm going to try the color combo and pitch the school theme!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is so darned cute! I think the stitching looks fabulous (I LOVE souffle pens!!!) and you coloring is awesome. And I'm glad you had a good time with the girls! =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sara, this card is so dang cute and made me smile big time!! The expression is awesome and just how I feel today! Hugz, Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it Sara! Glad you had a great time with the girls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sara, this is adorable!! What makes it even more awesome is that you created it with your little ladies. I love lazy days. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sara this card is just way too sweet! You're coloring is fabulous...getting quite good with those copics...and the use of that gingham ribbon was wonderful. What a great idea to use that instead of dp. And contary to someone's opinion (this person shall remain nameless...but you know her very well lol)...your faux stitching looks fantastic! Glad to hear you had such a wonderful day with the girls.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love your bright colours, and your card looks fabulous. I think your stitching looks great too, it edges the card so nicely. Thanks for visiting my blog today and leaving such a nice comment. CoB

    ReplyDelete
  10. These bright colours are fab, work perfectly with the gingham and fun image. All in all a great card, especially with the faux stitching. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Miss Sara!! Congrats on the DT!!! You deserve it girlie. =D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your card! I'm so glad you were able to get it done with every thing going on. Times like that are make some of the best memories. I like your stitching. I have never used a souffle pen. Hmmm... something new to add to my "wish" list.

    ReplyDelete