Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Berry Sweet Birthday

My daughter was sooooooo excited today because she was going to her best friend's birthday party!!  She hasn't seen her best friend since our move exactly two months ago, and although my daughter has already made some friends in a short amount of time, she's missed her every day.  Every day this week, there was a party countdown.  5 days until the party, 4 days until the party - well you catch my drift ;)  She just couldn't wait to get there and see all her old friends. 

I wanted to make her best friend a cute little card for her birthday using one of the Freebie Friday images from Bugaboo Stamps.  Thankfully the card is out of the house - the strawberries and frosting were making me so hungry just looking at it ;)

Recipe:
Image:  Berry Fairy Cupcake by Bugaboo Stamps
Sentiment:  Made with Print Artist
Paper:  American Crafts cs in Rouge and Bazzill in Rain Forest
Digi Paper:  Birds Gingham Brights
Embossing Folder:  Swiss Dots
Stardust, Lime Green and Xmas Red Stickles
Glossy Accents
Red Pearls & Red Ric Rac in stash

Challenges:
The Outlawz - Tuesday Color Challenge Summer Party June 7
Simon Says Stamp - Let's Get Fruity
Crafts4Eternity - Recipe #23 Color Challenge
Sweet Stampin' Challenge Blog - Food Glorious Food

15 comments:

  1. You've been quiet this week, I looked out for you a few times, so it's great to see you with this cute number. The image is just perfecto with the gingham. Spot on, so to speak!! Hope your daughter enjoyed seeing her friends. Have a great week. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Sara! Just popping to say hello and tell you how much of love your card! I've missed seeing you!
    Hugz,
    Roxann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats just adorable, what a cute little image. Thanks for playing along at C4E this week.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWWW this is the SWEETEST, I LOVE how you did the icing..fabulous work girly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol, this is soooo stinkin cute! I'm digging all the projects for this challenge... the red checks are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect card for the challenge at the Outlawz this week. I love the ice cream cone!! You made it look so delicious!! hugs, Bren

    ReplyDelete
  7. A scrummy looking card hun and I just adore that gingham!! :0) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, love it Sara, the frosting looks dripping yummy... Hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweetie, this is just adorable!!! I'm sure her friend loved it, and that's fabulous they were able to see each other.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Makes me hungry too! YUM-O I bet she loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Delicious card, love that sweet image, thank you for joining in at Sweet Stampin this week, good luck. Debbiexx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous Sara....such a sweet image hun..!

    thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin...and good luck!

    hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness Sara, this is just way too cute! You know how I love it when you use the gingham print paper...and with that image is gives the whole card a wonderfully "homey" country feel. Love the use of the glossy accents on your cupcake...the whole image looks good enough to eat (not including the little fairies lol). So how did she like her card? I'll bet she loved it and was also so excited to see your dd again.

    Hugs ~ Char

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at C4E this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  15. really sweet card - love the image! FOund you on the Oulawz follow me thread and now following

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete